What is a health care home?
A health care home is a central site for care. NACC providers and a care team works with you and your family to coordinate your health care. Being part of health care home gives you 24/7 access to all the services and support you need. You are the captain of your team.
Your care team will include doctors, nurses, other clinic staff, and trusted family or friends if you choose. Becoming part of a health care home is especially important for people with chronic diseases, complex medical issues, and special needs.
In a health care home you can expect:
- An ongoing relationship with your care-team
- Care focused on you as a whole person
- Your care team will partner with specialists and connect you to other health services
- To be included in the decision making about your health care
- You and your care team to work together to plan your care
What are the benefits?
- It is voluntary, you can sign up anytime
- You receive coordinated care that is tailored to fit your needs
- You receive improved access to communicate and make appointments with your health care team
- You are valued and treated as the central member of your health care team
- Your cultural and religious beliefs are valued and your preferences for treatment will be recognized
Q: How can I get the best care?
A: Become more involved with your health care.
- Bring a list of your questions or concerns to discuss at every visit
- If you have a chronic health condition ask for a care plan that you can use to communicate with other medical providers, nurses or other people involved in your care
- A care plan should include information about your diagnoses, names of provider and care-team you see, other caregivers who help you, medicines you take, etc.
- Be open and honest about your health habits
- Ask for something to be repeated if you do not understand it
- Ask your primary care provider to write down the next steps
- Ask about how to get care after hours when needed
- Ask to meet the office staff who will be working with you (nurses, person who makes referrals, billing person, etc.)
- Let your health care team know how they are doing
Sign up by contacting any of our available nurses. Dial 612-872-8086 ext. 1011, 1013, 1025, or 1026 to reach one of our RN’s.