Medication Assisted Treatment Program
The Native American Community Clinic now offers a Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Program! We provide supportive and holistic care for members of the Native American community struggling with opiate addiction.
NACC’s MAT program integrates physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health management in order to better support your journey to wellness.
Our providers prescribe buprenorphine or Suboxone as one of several important tools for treating opioid dependence.
- Relieve drug cravings.
- Prevent withdrawal.
- Block the effect of other opiates, such as heroin or prescription pain pills.
MAT program participants:
- Participate in treatment, as recommended by their Rule 25 assessments.
- Establish care with a mental health counselor.
- Attend regular medical appointments.
- Dose daily at White Earth Nation Urban Substance Abuse, our MAT partner agency located near Loring Park in Minneapolis.
To be eligible for NACC’s MAT program, participants must:
- Identify as an American Indian/Alaska Native, or self-identify as a member of the Native American community.
- Be willing to attend daily dosing at White Earth.
- Obtain a current Rule 25 assessment. (NACC can help you with this.)
We also help connect our patients with:
- Medical insurance
- Legal assistance
- Chemical dependency assessments (Rule 25)
- Help choosing an outpatient or inpatient treatment program
- Other traditional or cultural community resources
Call our MAT nurse at 612-843-5945 to schedule an intake or if you have any questions.
We want to work with you to promote recovery!
Diabetes Prevention Programs
More info coming soon...